What do you need to know about new projects in Ras Al Khaimah?
Ras Al Khaimah is located in the most northern part of the UAE and borders Oman's enclave of Musandam and the emirate of Umm Al Quwain in the south. The capital city of Ras Al Khaimah, which carries the same name, is home to most of the 416.000 residents of the emirate. The area is popular due to its family-friendly character. Furthermore, the stunning nature is something that draws many tourists to this area every year. Pristine beaches, mountain ranges, mangroves, and large areas of sandy dessert are some of the things that draw visitors here. The mangroves, that house large flocks of flamingos, run right into the city, giving it a green and natural atmosphere. Compared to the other Emirates, the number of new projects in Ras Al Khaimah is rather low. However, in recent years several new projects have been launched.
Why are people interested in new residential projects in Ras Al Khaimah?
Here are the things that are considered to be the major advantages of living in Ras Al Khaimah by the locals and expats that live there.
- Affordable housing: Although most accommodation in Ras Al Khaimah belongs in the luxury class, the units are still much more affordable than something comparable in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
- Touristic attractions: Ras Al Khaimah is home to the highest mountain in the UAE, Jebel Jais (1.934 m). Other points of interest include the coastline, the Jazirat Al Hamra ghost town, and Dhayah Fort.
- Job opportunities: The main industries of the emirate are tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, fishing, and the service industry. Most of the work is carried out by expats which also need a place to live.
What are the most popular districts in Ras Al Khaimah for future projects?
There are a number of areas in the emirate with good housing options and here are the most sought after districts of Ras Al Khaimah.
- Al Hamra Village: By far the most popular place due to its luxurious lifestyle and its prime location on the shore of the Arabian Gulf. The family-oriented neighborhood also hosts some of the best hotels in the area.
- Al Marjan Island: This neighborhood is not far away from Al Hamra Village and is a collection of 4 man-made islands. “Marjan” means coral in Arabic which is also the shape of the island. Al Marjan Island has an annual music festival and several other entertainment and recreation options for residents and guests.
- Mina Al Arab: This is a gated waterfront community that allows living close to the ocean. Not far away from Al Riffa, this area offers a luxurious and active lifestyle, with nature trails for both hikers and cyclists.